[Rd] authorship and citation

Gabriel Becker gmbecker at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 7 16:23:51 CEST 2015

Hadley,

With all due respect, I'm not sure what exactly your deliniation between
author and contributor is, but from what I can tell I don't agree with it.

>From the blogpost regarding your new purrr package:

"Purrr wouldn’t be possible without Lionel Henry
<https://github.com/lionel->. He wrote a lot of the package and his
insightful comments ..."

And yet he is listed as a contributor in the DESCRIPTION file, and thus in
your view not worthy of being in the citation even as a non-first author?
That does not jive with what I understand to be "standard practice" with
regard to software-related publications, and it certainly isn't what I
would choose to do in that situation.

Best,
~G

--