[Rd] Best way to implement optional functions?

ProfJCNash profjcnash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:40:52 CEST 2015

I'm relieved to read that this issue is becoming more visible. In my own
work on optimizers, I've been finding it awkward to provide a clean
solution to allowing users to run e.g., optimx, when some optimizers are
not installed. Unfortunately, I've not found what I consider to be a
solution with any elegance.

JN