[Rd] Default location where packages are stored under Windows

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:45:22 CEST 2015

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Tom Wenseleers
<Tom.Wenseleers at bio.kuleuven.be> wrote:
> I was just wondering if the default directory to store packages on Windows platforms could therefore not better be made the personal library folder, Users/Username/Documents/R/win-library/3.XX/

I think this is already the case? The first time you try to install a
package as non-admin, you will be prompted with a message that the
global library is not writable and if you want to create a user
library. Once the user library exists, R will make that the default by
putting it on the head of .libPaths() at the start of every R session.