[Rd] is R syntax closed?

Mark van der Loo mark.vanderloo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 09:02:50 CEST 2015

> comment, some marker for 'command doesn't end at this line' etc.

That is not necessary since R supports multi-line commands without the need
for marking continuation.

> R syntax done and any extensions are forbidden?

R is maintained and extended by the R code team[1] who decide on the GNU R
project. Suggestions (or sometimes patches) are posted on this list and may
or may not be implemented (but please check that your suggestion/question
is indeed new by searching the list archive). R is maintained on an svn
repository and doesn't support pull requests in the same way git does.
Since R is free in the GNU sense you can always define your own local
version, see e.g. [2].

> i'm new to R

welcome, and have fun!

best,