[Rd] segfault with readDCF on R 3.1.2 on AIX 6.1 when using install.packages

Vinh Nguyen vinhdizzo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:22:00 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, Herve's second example does illustrate a bug I can reproduce:
> one character out of 10000 was read incorrectly.  Could you please try
> his final patch and see if it fixes your AIX problems?

Just tried the latest dcf.c from R-dev and install.packages no longer
segfaults from readDCF.  Thank you both Duncan and Murdoch for your
help.  Can finally make use of this AIX box now (fyi placed request to
get gdb installed but who knows when that would've been installed).

Thanks again.

-- Vinh