[Rd] Optimization bug when byte compiling with gcc 5.3.0 on windows

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Apr 4 21:26:38 CEST 2016

>If I recall correctly, some eigen vectors had their
>direction flipped (negative values became positive and vice versa).
>Did you notice anything of this kind when running 'make check' and
>'make check recommended' ? It is important to us that numeric results
>are reproducible between versions of R.

I think that any code that depends on the direction
of an eigenvector should be considered broken.
It is too bad that eigen's output does not have a class
so that an all.equal method that know that the vector
direction is not relevant could be written for it

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com