[Rd] Request: Increasing MAX_NUM_DLLS in Rdynload.c

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Dec 21 18:58:27 CET 2016

On 21 December 2016 at 09:42, Karl Millar via R-devel wrote:
| Currently what I do is to never unload DLLs.  If I need to replace
| one, then I just restart R.  It's less convenient, but it's always
| correct.

Same here. Ever since we built littler in 2006 (!!) I have been doing tests
at the command-line with fresh 'r' processes.  No surprises, no side effects.

Dirk

PS Spencer, if you are still reading, std::vector is describe inter alia here
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/container/vector  My point of bringing it up
was a deeper one because that (really widely used) data structure grows as
needed. No pointers, no malloc, no horror stories you may have heard from C.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org