[Rd] Error in socketConnection(master, port = port, blocking = TRUE, open = "a+b", : cannot open the connection

Morgan, Martin Martin.Morgan at roswellpark.org
Fri Jan 15 15:49:00 CET 2016

Arrange to make the ssh connection passwordless. Do this by copying your 'public key' to the machine that you are trying to connect to. Google will be your friend in accomplishing this.

It might be that a firewall stands between you and the other machine, or that the other machine does not allow connections to port 11001. Either way, the direction toward a solution is to speak with your system administrator. If it is firewall, then they are unlikely to accommodate you; the strategy is to run your cluster exclusively on one side of the firewall.

Martin Morgan