[Rd] Model object, when generated in a function, saves entire environment when saved

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Jul 27 21:28:12 CEST 2016

Another solution is to only save the parts of the model object that
interest you.  As long as they don't include the formula (which is
what drags along the environment it was created in), you will
save space.  E.g.,

tfun2 <- function(subset) {
   junk <- 1:1e6
   list(subset=subset, lm(Sepal.Length ~ Sepal.Width, data=iris,
subset=subset)$coef)
}

saveSize(tfun2(1:4))
#[1] 152