[Rd] new function to tools/utils package: dependencies based on DESCRIPTION file

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:37:05 CEST 2016

Dear Jan,

It is unavoidable to have OS and R dependencies for devtools. The building
process for packages is both OS and R dependent, so devtools has to be too
according to my understanding.

Cheers
Joris
On 14 Jun 2016 18:56, "Jan Górecki" <J.Gorecki at wit.edu.pl> wrote:

Hi Thierry,

I'm perfectly aware of it. Any idea when devtools would be shipped as
a base R package, or at least recommended package? To actually answer
the problem described in my email.
I have range of useful functions available tools/utils packages which
are shipped together with R. They doesn't require any OS dependencies
or R dependencies, unlike devtools which requires both. Installing
unnecessary OS dependencies and R dependencies just for such a simple
wrapper doesn't seem to be an elegant way to address it, therefore my
proposal to include that simple function in tools, or utils package.

Regards,
Jan Gorecki