[Rd] Two minor build system patches.

Ray Donnelly rdonnelly at continuum.io
Mon Jun 27 12:58:08 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I ran into a few problems building R 3.3.1 and came up wth the
attached patches (fingers crossed they don't get stripped, I've also
sent this email to Jeroen since that worked last time). Would it be
possible to review and merge them if they are OK?

The first one uses AC_SEARCH_LIBS instead of AC_CHECK_LIB, looking for
ncursesw before ncurses since ncurses is usually build with wide
character support in which case non-w prefixed libraries are not
created. ArchLinux (and Conda) then make fake ld linker libraries for
the non-w prefixed ones.

The second patch fixes a typo where CPPFLAGS is misspelt as CPPLAGS
which causes them to be forgotten about in the middle of configure.

Best regards,

Ray.