[Rd] Could unit.list() from grid package be made an exported function?

Wilke, Claus O wilke at austin.utexas.edu
Sun Mar 6 19:34:36 CET 2016

Hello,

certain manipulations of ggplot2 graphs, in particular aligning them, require the function grid:::unit.list(). See e.g. these posts on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34032621/element-replacement-in-grid-unit-vector
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32580946/setting-absolute-size-of-facets-in-ggplot2/32583612#32583612
http://stackoverflow.com/a/35823179/4975218

Since this seems to be a reasonably common issue, would it be possible to export grid:::unit.list(), so it can be used in packages?

(Am I sending this to the right audience? It’s not clear to me how to reach the maintainer of the grid package in base R.)

Thanks!

Claus

--
Claus Wilke
Professor and Department Chair, Integrative Biology

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]