[Rd] Is it possible to increase MAX_NUM_DLLS in future R releases?

Qin Zhu qinzhu at outlook.com
Mon May 2 22:19:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

I’m working on a Shiny app for statistical analysis. I ran into this "maximal number of DLLs reached" issue recently because my app requires importing many other packages.

I’ve posted my question on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36974206/r-maximal-number-of-dlls-reached <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36974206/r-maximal-number-of-dlls-reached>).

I’m just wondering is there any reason to set the maximal number of DLLs to be 100, and is there any plan to increase it/not hardcoding it in the future? It seems many people are also running into this problem. I know I can work around this problem by modifying the source, but since my package is going to be used by other people, I don’t think this is a feasible solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Qin
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]