[Rd] Max OSX 3.3.0 and lzma

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 5 21:02:08 CEST 2016

On 05/05/2016 19:40, Mick Jordan wrote:
> I have lzma installed (in /usr/local) but R-3.3.0 configure doesn't like
> something about it:
>
> checking for lzma_version_number in -llzma... yes
> checking lzma.h usability... no
> checking lzma.h presence... no
> checking for lzma.h... no
> configure: error: "liblzma library and headers are required"
>
> bash-3.2$ ls /usr/local/lib/*lzma*
> ls /usr/local/lib/*lzma*
> /usr/local/lib/liblzma.5.dylib    /usr/local/lib/liblzma.a
> /usr/local/lib/liblzma.dylib
> bash-3.2$ ls /usr/local/include/*lzma*
> ls /usr/local/include/*lzma*
> /usr/local/include/lzma.h
>
> /usr/local/include/lzma:
> base.h        block.h        container.h    filter.h    index.h
> lzma12.h    version.h
> bcj.h        check.h        delta.h        hardware.h index_hash.h
> stream_flags.h    vli.h
>
> I'm no configure wizard so would appreciate a hint.

Look at config.log.

And please follow the posting guide and give at least the OS, preferably
full details of your setup.  It looks like this is OS X (so this is not
the right list and did you get liblzma from r.reseach.att.com?), and
I've just scrubbed an explanation I wrote about an Oracle OS called
Solaris ....