[Rd] LaTeX errors new with R 3.3.0

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri May 13 16:41:16 CEST 2016

Hello:

       I could use help understanding an error reported by "R CMD build
sos" that's new with R 3.3.0:

Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
   Running 'texi2dvi' on 'sos.tex' failed.
LaTeX errors:
! Undefined control sequence.
l.1 \Sconcordance
                  {concordance:sos.tex:sos.Rnw:%
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
Calls:  -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi

[http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=235&log=build_src&pkg=sos&flavor=patched]

       The above was on R-Forge.  When I run "R CMD build sos" with R
3.3.0 on my MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11.4, I get a different LaTeX
error, also in texi2dvi:

Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
   Running 'texi2dvi' on 'sos.tex' failed.
BibTeX errors:
The top-level auxiliary file: sos.aux
The style file: abbrvnat.bst
I found no \bibdata command---while reading file sos.aux
Calls: <Anonymous> -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi
Execution halted

       Suggestions?
       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves