[Rd] gcc optimization

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Wed May 18 07:28:32 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have noticed that the run times for MCMCglmm models (mainly written in
C/C++) have suddenly jumped up on Linux machines (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.4
and  Scientific Linux 6.6) yet they have remained stable on Windows
where they run much faster than on Linux. I wondered whether something
had changed with the deafult optimization flags for gcc? I am using R 3.2.3.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.