[Rd] Latest R-devel build failing on OS X

frederik at ofb.net frederik at ofb.net
Thu May 19 00:03:31 CEST 2016

Readline <= 6.2 shouldn't require the SIGWINCH patch, so if older
versions have trouble finding rl_resize_terminal then you could wrap a
macro around that part.

The isearch C-c bug has existed forever, according to Chet Ramey. Yes,
I had to retrain myself to use C-g to exit isearch but it's confusing.
It would be nice to fix this C-c bug on older versions too, but my
solution used some global variables and I'm not sure which Readline
version they date from.

Out of curiosity, did you delete the HAVE_READLINE_READLINE_H block?

Thanks so much for working this out!

Frederick

P.S. I do use Emacs too, but I have some bindings which stuff the
current region into a numbered 'GNU screen' window (where R is
running) - I was never a fan of inferior Emacs processes. Also a
keybinding which stuffs "source('CURRENT_FILE')\n". And a rxvt-unicode
'url-select' extension which copies text after a "> " prompt, to get
commands I edited back into Emacs. That's why I still use the basic
interface.