[Rd] R without graphics

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 24 07:46:33 CEST 2016

On 24/05/2016 00:54, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> Um... any reason why you don't simply disable aqua? That file is only compiled if you enable aqua - it has really nothing to do with grDevices ...

Also, you can specify a compiler for Objective-C separately and the
manual advises you to do so (to specify Apple's clang).

> On May 23, 2016, at 7:44 PM, Mick Jordan <mick.jordan at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to configure and build an R without any graphics support. I..e no grDevices or graphics packages?
>>
>> I tried "--with-x=no  --with-cairo=no --with-grDevices=no --with-graphics=no"

Inventing flags does not help you: use configure --help to see what is
supported (as the manual says).

Reading the manual is faster than posting (and posting Mac-specific Qs
to R-sig-mac is more likely to get an informed response).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk