[Rd] compile c++ code in an R package without -g

Da Zheng zhengda1936 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 16:52:40 CEST 2016

Hello Dirk,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The main reason I want to remove the debug info is that when I use R
CMD check on my package, it gives the following info
* checking installed package size ... NOTE
  installed size is 223.6Mb
  sub-directories of 1Mb or more:
  libs 223.1Mb

CRAN requires an R package to pass all checks and fix all complaints
including NOTEs.
It seems R's default compilation options significantly increase the
library size.
Do you have any suggestions on fixing this NOTE?

Thanks,
Da