[Rd] Fwd: Re: RSiteSearch, sos, rdocumentation.org, ...?

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 7 22:53:21 CEST 2016

Spencer,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am open to someone who knows Perl getting an account on my site and
trying to get it working. It will probably involve fixing more than
one thing, as mknmz depends on some perl modules that also generate
errors.

My main contribution is figuring out how to extract the html help
files and vignettes only, with some help from R developers and Fedora
maintainers. Here is the trick, for someone who wants to do it:

m0 <- rownames(installed.packages())
m1 <- m0[which(m0 %in% needed.packages)]
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
update.packages(oldPkgs=m1,repos=biocinstallRepos())
update.packages(dependencies=FALSE,INSTALL_opts=c("--no-configure","--no-test-load","--no-R","--no-clean-on-error","--no-libs","--no-data","--no-demo","--no-exec","--html"),repos=biocinstallRepos(),ask=F)
m3 <- new.packages()
install.packages(m3,dependencies=FALSE,INSTALL_opts=c("--no-configure","--no-test-load","--no-R","--no-clean-on-error","--no-libs","--no-data","--no-demo","--no-exec","--html"),repos=biocinstallRepos())

Note 1: The first 4 lines are designed to deal with a list of the
packages that you actually use. These can be eliminated if you don't
use R on the same machine. The last 3 lines are all you need.

Note 2: This works on Fedora, but I think that the Fedora maintainers
of R have set some defaults that are helpful.

Jon