[Rd] Announcing the R Documentation Task Force

Andrew Redd Andrew.Redd at hsc.utah.edu
Sat Sep 10 01:02:21 CEST 2016

cross-posting announcement to R-Announce, R-devel and R-package-devel.

The R Consortium recently announced
(https://www.r-consortium.org/news/blogs/2016/08/r-consortium-funds-three-projects-july)
support of the R Documentation Task Force.  The task force aims to
design and implement the next generation documentation system for R.  We
aim to take the best from the many attempts to improve documentation and
unify them into a system that will be more standard, flexible and
powerful.  We have the support and participation of R Core Developers.
The full proposal is available on the announcement website given above.

If you have expertise in documentation systems or documentation of
objects or interest in building a documentation system we invite you to
participate.  We will be considering documentation in all common forms
such as function and class documentation, but also areas such as data
frames, non-standard objects, packages, and how vignettes fit into the
documentation framework.  If you have opinions or concerns that you
would like to make sure are addressed please join.

To join send an email to Andrew dot Redd at hsc dot utah dot edu,
expressing your interests, skills or expertise as it relates to R
documentation.  Also email if you have ideas or concerns but do not wish
to play and active role.

Thank you,
Andrew Redd