[Rd] mean(x) != mean(rev(x)) different with x <- c(NA, NaN) for some builds

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 1 07:14:37 CEST 2017

 From ?NA

      Numerical computations using ‘NA’ will normally result in ‘NA’: a
      possible exception is where ‘NaN’ is also involved, in which case
      either might result.

and ?NaN

      Computations involving ‘NaN’ will return ‘NaN’ or perhaps ‘NA’:
      which of those two is not guaranteed and may depend on the R
      platform (since compilers may re-order computations).

fortunes::fortune(14) applies (yet again).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk