[Rd] failure of make check-all

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 16:57:25 CEST 2017

> On 6 Apr 2017, at 15:51 , Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. <therneau at mayo.edu> wrote:
>
> Peter,
>  Retry how much of it?  That is, where does it go in the sequence from svn up to make check?  I'll update my notes so as to do it correctly.

From the configure step, I'd expect.

Actually, now that I look at your output again, you seem to be compiling in the source directory, which is generally a bad idea, because you end up with derived files intermixed with source code all over the place. If you compile in a parallel directory, then you can in the worst case just wipe it and start over. Also, compiling in the source dir has confused "make" on previous occasions (ideally, it should work, but most of us don't check and so are poorly motivated to track down issues). So

svn up
# mkdir ../BUILD if not there already
cd ../BUILD
../R/configure
make

Also, for checking the tests, I think the canonical way is

path/to/R --vanilla < reg-examples3.R

which may be subtly different from using source().

I'd surmise that your issue is something with the C-level routine registration, but I haven't followed the technicalities of that in full detail. Did your build rebuild the survival package?

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501