[Rd] "table(droplevels(aq)$Month)" in manual page of droplevels

Henric Winell nilsson.henric at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 15:35:43 CEST 2017

On 2017-04-12 14:40, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> The last line of the example in droplevels' manual page seems to be
> incorrect to me. I think it should read:
> "table(droplevels(aq$Month))". Amazingly (I don't understand) both
> variants seem to produce the same result (R 3.3.3): ---

The manual says that "The function 'droplevels' is used to drop unused
levels from a 'factor' or, more commonly, from factors in a data frame."
and, as documented, the 'droplevels' generic has methods for objects of
class "data.frame" and "factor".  So, your being amazed is a bit
surprising given that 'aq' is a data frame.

Henric Winell