[Rd] prefixed zlib and bzip2 headers

Jones, Michael itguy at chevron.com
Thu Apr 27 16:41:21 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to compile R-3.3.3 or R-3.4.0 on a RHEL6 system that I've prefixed the latest headers down a shared utility path, I've sourced this path in LD_LIBRARY_LATH, R_LD_LIBRARY_PATH,  and dropping the headers down /src/include which appears to be the default R_include_dir but it will not accept these any other place than /usr/include.  Is there a way to properly define a prefixed includedir and libdir for R that I'm missing?  I was able to do this in 3.2.4-revised successfully.  I see the comments that -with-system-zlib is now default, but I see no options to override that.  Can you please point me in the correct direction?

Many thanks!

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]