[Rd] tempdir() may be deleted during long-running R session

frederik at ofb.net frederik at ofb.net
Thu Apr 27 22:44:56 CEST 2017

> Frederick posted the way to do this in systems using systemd.  We should be
> putting that in place, or the equivalent on systems using other tempfile
> cleanups.  This looks to me like something that "make install" should do, or
> perhaps it should be done by people putting together packages for specific
> systems.

For Arch's 'apache' package it is just a file in the package directory
that gets installed by the PKGBUILD script:

    install -D -m644 "${srcdir}/apache.tmpfiles.conf" "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/apache.conf"

Similarly for the 'screen' package.

I added a task in the Arch bug tracker to do this for R:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/53848

I don't get the sense that it is customary to put examples of such
files into the source distribution, so I think nothing more needs to
be done on your side (aside from alerting package maintainers for
other distributions).

Thanks,

Frederick