[Rd] Building R from source with the PGI compiler

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 21 11:36:37 CET 2017

On 21/12/2017 01:03, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to build R from source and use the PGI compiler, rather than
> the GCC compiler.

On what platform?  AFAIK we have only ever had reports on Linux.

> I saw the instructions for the Intel compiler in the R Installation Manual,
> but I didn't see the PGI.  I tried a few times without instructions, but
> without success.
>
> Any suggestions would be most welcome.  Also, I hope this is the right
> group for the question.

It is.  Earlier versions of the  manual did contain info on using the
PG(I) Linux compilers but as we had no reports for a long time, the
probably-stale info was removed.  It looks like the info was added in
late 2005, so you could try grabbing R sources from, say, 2007.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk