[Rd] Collaborative Wiki: Mediawiki

Juan Telleria jtelleriar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 00:13:49 CET 2017

Dear R Developers,

I create this e-mail, linked to "Collaborative Wiki for fostering Open
Innovation in R", for going straight into the point:

After studing multiple wikies (Confluence, xwiki, Mediawiki) for a
collaborative approach to R Documentation, I finally came up that Mediawiki
was the best for managing documentation for being:

   - 100% Open Source.
   - Simple, tidy, neat interface.
   - Documentation Focused (no forums, no other things).
   - Being the one Wikipedia usses is really an assurance that it will
   never go away, and each second spent on it is worthy.
   - Anyone can collaborate, update files up to 40 MB, but there is a
   strict version control on the wiki :), just as wikipedia has.

So I requested on Miraheze (https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/Miraheze)
Community Driven Wiki Farms that they set up a wiki as a *Sandbox for
testing* (Not for real use in production):

https://kbrproject.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

You can test it an play with it whatever you want; and assess if it could
constitute a good option for managing contributed R documentation.

Juan

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]