[Rd] cross-platform portable code in CRAN Repository Policy

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:40:33 CET 2017

Second this.  As the CRAN Policies suggests, there's also the very
handy winbuilder service (https://win-builder.r-project.org/) you can
use to check your package on Windows.  This service has been a
valuable workhorse for years.

We should also mention the continuous integration (CI) services
provided for free by Travis (Linux and macOS) and AppVeyor (Windows)
in combination with GitHub (or GitLab, ...).  By adding simple
.travis.yml and appveyor.yml to your Git repos (e.g.
https://github.com/HenrikBengtsson/globals), they run R CMD check
--as-cran and covr::package_coverage() etc for you more or less on the
fly, e.g.

* https://travis-ci.org/HenrikBengtsson/globals
* https://ci.appveyor.com/project/HenrikBengtsson/globals

/Henrik

PS. Thanks to everyone who made all of the above possible.