[Rd] [New Patch] Fix disk corruption when writing

Serguei Sokol sokol at insa-toulouse.fr
Mon Jul 10 10:54:34 CEST 2017

Le 08/07/2017 à 00:54, Duncan Murdoch a écrit :
> I have now committed changes to R-devel (rev 72898) that seem to catch large and small errors.  They only give a warning if the error happens when the
> connection is closed, because that can happen asynchronously
For this asynchronous behavior, would not it be more useful to have
the name of the file that failed at closing? If many files were open
during a session and not closed explicitly (yes, bad practice but it
can happen), the warning message doesn't help to understand
which of files were corrupted, e.g.:
 > fc=file("/dev/full", "w")
 > write.csv("a", file=fc)
 > q("yes")
Warning message:
In close.connection(getConnection(set[i])) :
   Problem closing connection:  No space left on device

Having only "set[i]" for indication is not very informative, is it?

Serguei.

--
Serguei Sokol
Ingenieur de recherche INRA

LISBP, INSA/INRA UMR 792, INSA/CNRS UMR 5504
135 Avenue de Rangueil
31077 Toulouse Cedex 04

tel: +33 5 6155 9276
fax: +33 5 6704 8825