[Rd] Platform dependent native routine registration

Gábor Csárdi csardi.gabor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 15:47:50 CET 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> Could you resort to preprocessor conditioning to only compile the code
> relevant for a particular platform while hiding away the inapplicable parts?

Yes, I do exactly that. The problem is that the R code still has

.Call(c_non_existent_function_on_this_platform, ...)

and R CMD check picks up on that.

But I just found that using string literals in .Call() works just
fine. Hopefully
this will still be allowed in the long run:

.Call("c_non_existent_function_on_this_platform", ...)

Gabor