[Rd] non-infectious license for R package?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 17:31:40 CET 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 24 March 2017 at 17:04, Joris Meys wrote:
> | attached. So including the closed source libraries as Mario wanted to do,
> | is not accepted on CRAN.
>
> He never said he wanted to upload to CRAN.
>
> He asked whether he can use the open source work in his closed source
> product.

He actually asked "Are there any guidelines how to legally bridge between
the proprietary and the R-world? "

For me CRAN is a rather important part of the R world, especially when you
want your software to be used in the academic world.
So I thought it would be useful to add that information to the other
valuable information given by others.

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel :  +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be