[Rd] R fails to read repo index on NGINX

Roman, John joroman at rand.org
Mon Mar 27 20:27:02 CEST 2017

Dirk,
Thank you for your elaboration.  This issue is related to curl trusting a CA cert as its called by R.
curl called from bash recognizes the system cert bundle for CA's, curl called from R does not.

may I know how to trust the system certificate bundle from within R?

John Roman
Linux System Administrator
RAND Corporation
joroman at rand.org