[Rd] lm() gives different results to lm.ridge() and SPSS

Nick Brown nick.brown at free.fr
Fri May 5 01:58:32 CEST 2017

Hi Simon,

Yes, if I uses coefficients() I get the same results for lm() and lm.ridge(). So that's consistent, at least.

Interestingly, the "wrong" number I get from lm.ridge()$coef agrees with the value from SPSS to 5dp, which is an interesting coincidence if these numbers have no particular external meaning in lm.ridge().

Kind regards,
Nick