[Rd] registering Fortran routines in R packages

Christophe Dutang dutangc at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:56:46 CEST 2017

Thanks Jari and Berend.

I was not aware of that function. I do use it : indeed it may extern declarations for Fortran routines. see https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/randtoolbox/src/init.c?view=markup&root=rmetrics <https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/randtoolbox/src/init.c?view=markup&root=rmetrics>

However I get a new error when building

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘randtoolbox’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
 impossible de charger l'objet partagé '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/randtoolbox/libs/randtoolbox.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/randtoolbox/libs/randtoolbox.so, 6): Symbol not found: _halton_f_
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/randtoolbox/libs/randtoolbox.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/randtoolbox/libs/randtoolbox.so
Erreur : le chargement a échoué
Exécution arrêtée
ERROR: loading failed

Note that I change the name of Fortran routines to halton_f and sobol_f to avoid conflict with C version also renamed halton_c and sobol_c.

In the NAMESPACE, I put at the top useDynLib(randtoolbox, .registration = TRUE).

Berend, I do look at your package… I still don’t figure out why it works for you!

Regards, Christophe

Christophe Dutang
LMM, UdM, Le Mans, France
web: http://dutangc.free.fr <http://dutangc.free.fr/>