[Rd] help pages base R not rendered correctly?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue May 23 14:39:48 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Don't know if this is a known issue, but I couldn't find anything so I
report anyway. When checking eg ?qr in both RStudio and the naked R IDE,
the help page is rendered incorrectly. More specifically, any use of
\bold{...} is printed as is, rather than interpreted as bold. Same happens
on ?svd.

According to the manual Writing R Extensions, this should still be
recognized. When I try to use it in the help pages of my own packages,
\bold{} is interpreted correctly.

No idea what is going wrong and it's not that important, but I found it
curious enough to report.

Cheers
Joris

--
Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bio-Informatics

tel :  +32 (0)9 264 61 79
Joris.Meys at Ugent.be