[Rd] binary form of is() contradicts its unary form

Suzen, Mehmet mehmet.suzen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 15:54:04 CET 2017

On 30 Nov 2017 14:32, "Iñaki Úcar" <i.ucar86 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am I supposed to read every reference on a man page just to know what
>> to expect from a function?
>>

> If the reference is from John Chamber, you are supposed to read it.

As a joke, it's funny.

Not a joke. John Chambers is the authority in R object systems. Please do
not mock him or resources pointing to his works.

> It is not always possible for maintainers to document everything on a man
page.

My only point is that Hervé's concern is perfectly legitimate given
the output of "?is". Whether the inconsistency is in the behaviour of
the function or in the documentation, that I don't know. Personally, I

There is no inconsistency as far as I understood; Data.frame do not have a
pure S4 super-class hierachy.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]