[Rd] packages: Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Wed Oct 4 17:57:32 CEST 2017

I am perplexed about NOTEs I get from Win Builder on my genridge
package, https://github.com/friendly/genridge.

It shows, e.g.,

Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
              user system elapsed
plot3d.ridge 12.4   0.05   12.45

However, if I run *exactly the same code* in my console with
system.time(), I get

user system elapsed
0.95 0.16 1.17

What could be the explanation for this?

Second, the .log file from Win Builder shows only the *first example*
with > 10s time.
I have been able to reduce the time by wrapping part of the example in
\donttest{}.
I run Win Builder again, and the NOTE appears for another file. Very
annoying.

It would be far more helpful to see these all together, rather than
having to do this incrementally.
-Michael

-- Michael Friendly Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca Professor,
Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods York University Voice:
416 736-2100 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814 4700 Keele Street
Web:http://www.datavis.ca Toronto, ONT M3J 1P3 CANADA

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]