[Rd] Bug: Issues on Windows with SFN disabled

Tomas Kalibera tomas.kalibera at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 10:37:28 CEST 2017

Hi Zach,

thanks for the report, I can reproduce the problem and confirm it is a
bug in R and will be fixed.

Hopefully it only impacts few users now. The workaround is to create the
short name for the directory where R is installed, using "fsutil file
setshortname" (for all elements of the path that contain space in their
name). One can revert this by setting the shortname to an empty string
(""). At least for the latter one may need to boot in safe mode.

Best
Tomas