[Rd] Debate: Shall some of Microsoft R Open Code be ported to mainstream R?

Juan Telleria jtelleriar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 21:42:17 CET 2017

Dear R Developers,

First of all, I would like to thank you Jeroen Ooms for taking the binary
Window Builds from Duncan. I firmly believe that the R Community will
benefit a lot from his work.

However, the debate I would like to open is about if some of Microsoft R
Open Code shall be ported from R Open to Mainstream R.

There are some beneficts in R Open such as multithreaded performance:
https://mran.microsoft.com/documents/rro/multithread/

Maybe, the R Consortium, and in particular, Microsoft R Team, could
collaborate, if appropriate, in such duty.

Thank you,
Juan Telleria

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]