[Rd] R Configuration Variable: Maximum Memory Allocation per R Instance

Mark van der Loo mark.vanderloo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 10:24:31 CEST 2017

Dear Juan,

I'm not deeply familiar with the DB's you mention but it seems to me that
me that 'memory.limits' does what you want on one OS and you can use shell
commands to limit R's memory usage for *nix-alike systems (see
?memory.limits). Also, Jeroen Ooms wrote a nice article about this in the
JSS: https://www.jstatsoft.org/article/view/v055i07 . There's also a
package for it: RAppArmor.

-M