[Rd] Duncan's retirement: who's taking over Rtools?

Juan Telleria jtelleriar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 19:09:58 CEST 2017

The Apache Foundation has a whole article stating that open source projects
shall be managed and used independently of any commercial interest:

https://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html

So Microsoft could donate, if interested, money or other resources for such
specific role, but always taking special care of company interest
independence.

Juan

El 29/9/2017 2:23 p. m., "Juan Telleria" <jtelleriar at gmail.com> escribió:

> I agree with Moshe.
>
> It is important to maintain the independence of R as a programming
> language by itselft, even if it could benefit from Microsoft work (C++ Base
> Code, etc.), it is better in my opinion to keep it independent.
>
> Also, Duncan work and know-how shall be transferred to the next future R
> Core Developer which will be in charge of Duncan's roles. And, if
> appropriate, transfer the scripts Duncan might use, the documentation, etc.
>
> Thank you,
> Juan

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]