[Rd] strange warning: data() error?

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Tue Apr 17 00:32:37 CEST 2018

data(package="survival") gives, in part,

cgd                     Chronic Granulotomous Disease data
cgd0 (cgd)              Chronic Granulotomous Disease data
colon                   Chemotherapy for Stage B/C colon cancer
flchain                 Assay of serum free light chain for 7874
                        subjects.
genfan                  Generator fans
heart                   Stanford Heart Transplant data
jasa (heart)            Stanford Heart Transplant data
jasa1 (heart)           Stanford Heart Transplant data

The 'name1 (name2)' entries indicate that 'name'; is in the file
labelled name2.  If you run data(cgd) you get both cgd and cdg0
in .GlobalEnv;  if you run data(heart) you get heart, jasa, and jasa1.
I don't think this has changed recently, although it might be nice
if the names were handled more symmetrically, like alias entries
in help files.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com