[Rd] R 3.5.0 fails its regression test suite on Linux/x86_64

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Apr 23 13:33:12 CEST 2018

On 23 April 2018 at 12:33, Peter Simons wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I just tried to upgrade Nixpkgs to R 3.5.0, but unfortunately the new
| version fails its regression test suite. We configure the build using
| the flags "--without-recommended-packages", in case that's relevant. You
| can see a complete build log with all relevant information at [1].
| Anyway, the test failures look like this:

The flag instructs R not to build new 'recommended packages'; however the
tests you run later need them.  This release has a binary change so you
actually need to rebuild dependent packages -- in other words I think you can
expect (some of) these tests to fail until these recommended packages are
rebuilt.

>From the doc/NEWS file, lines 395 and on:

    * The object header layout has been changed to support merging the
      ALTREP branch. This requires re-installing packages that use
      compiled code.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org