[Rd] Unnecessary apostrophe in English base::summary() NA count output?

Ben Bolker bbolker @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Dec 17 17:01:34 CET 2018

There seem to be a variety of opinions about style in this case; do
you omit the apostrophe ("NAs") because it's not a possessive or a
contraction, or do you include the apostrophe ("NA's") to clearly
distinguish the acronym from the plural form?

 I personally prefer "NAs" to "NA's" but both are defensible.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/55970/plurals-of-acronyms-letters-numbers-use-an-apostrophe-or-not
https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/16/acronyms-and-apostrophes/ ("many
people object to it")