[Rd] R is missing log1p(z) etc for complex numbers z.

Martin Maechler m@echler @ending from @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Mon Dec 17 19:31:00 CET 2018

Working on my 'Bessel' package, I've re-detected today, that
indeed even C99 standard GLIBC does not contain, a complex
number version of

   log1p()

Further missing in current R, are, basically these

> z <- 1 + 2i
> log1p(z)
Error in log1p(z) : unimplemented complex function
> expm1(z)
Error in expm1(z) : unimplemented complex function
> gamma(z)
Error in gamma(z) : unimplemented complex function
> lgamma(z)
Error in lgamma(z) : unimplemented complex function
> psigamma(z)
Error in psigamma(z) : unimplemented complex function
> digamma(z)
Error in digamma(z) : unimplemented complex function
> sinpi(z)
Error in sinpi(z) : unimplemented complex function
> cospi(z)
Error in cospi(z) : unimplemented complex function
> floor(z)
Error in floor(z) : unimplemented complex function
> ceiling(z)
Error in ceiling(z) : unimplemented complex function

Is anyone aware of Free Software implementations of these,
ideally in C ?

... yes, I think I've found the Julia source code for these,
    nicely written in Julia itself...

Martin