[Rd] Issue when building R-parched_2018-12-26

Jeroen Ooms jeroenoom@ @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Dec 28 21:41:18 CET 2018

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 8:24 PM Avraham Adler <avraham.adler using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Building R-patched from source on Win64 using current Rtools 3.5.0.4, I’m
> getting the following notes indicating an extra left brace somewhere; or is
> the problem on my end?

This is a warning (not an error) in the texinfo script that has started to
appear with the latest version of perl. It is safe to ignore the warning,
but it has been fixed in rtools40:
https://github.com/r-windows/rtools-base/commit/d1631cc9646121f580742a29b2ee3c3b8a569685

I haven't back-ported this to rtools35 because I'm still hopeful that we
will upgrade to rtools40, soonish...

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]