[Rd] Best practices in developing package: From a single file

Georgi Boshnakov georgi.boshnakov at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 14:17:41 CET 2018

It is indeed a matter of what the developer is comfortable with and the one-stop solution provided by devtools is difficult to beat.
This may also vary across projects. I use EMACS/ESS with and without roxygen2. In some cases EMACS/ESS+Org mode provides stunning benefits.

Updating "usage" statements in Rd files was mentioned several times.
Rdpack::reprompt() does this and more for functions, methods and classes.

Georgi Boshnakov