[Rd] R Compilation gets stuck on Windows 64

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 06:23:51 CET 2018

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:44 PM, Indrajit Sen Gupta <indrajitsg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to compile R from source on a 64 bit Windows.

[snip]

> I had compiled earlier with MinGW and had created the file:
> *libopenblas_haswell-r0.2.20.a. *

Hello, Indrajit.

I don't see your MkRules.local attached. In any event, perhaps try
following the directions here [1]. I've been building R with OpenBLAS
on Windows 64 for years and it almost always works. In the past year
or two, rarely, it will stop with an error. But if you restart the
make process (by just typing "make" again) it finishes with no issues
and passes make check-devel. I have not tried this with R-dev, though.
R 3.4.3 Patched (2018-01-03 r74042) is the most recent I have built
successfully.

Good luck,

Avraham

[1] https://www.avrahamadler.com/r-tips/build-openblas-for-windows-r64/