[Rd] Problem with R_registerRoutines

Jon.SKOIEN at ec.europa.eu Jon.SKOIEN at ec.europa.eu
Fri Feb 23 10:28:02 CET 2018

Dear list,

I am trying to update a package to pass the CRAN-checks.
But I am struggling with the following note:

File 'psgp/libs/i386/psgp.dll':
  Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'
File 'psgp/libs/x64/psgp.dll':
  Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'

It is good practice to register native routines and to disable symbol
search.

I did already run:
tools::package_native_routine_registration_skeleton(".")
This gave me some code, including a function R_init_psgp, which includes calls to the functions above, and also the names of the C++ functions to be called from R.
I first saved this code in registerDynamicSymbol.c and added .registration = TRUE to useDynLib in the NAMESPACE file.
I still get the error above. As I saw that the file has different names in other packages, I have also tried to save it psgp_init.c, and in init.cpp, still with the same error message.

I have read the relevant part of the R extensions manual, but could not find anything that could help me with this problem.
I have had a look at the similar files in other packages (including one of my own, which works), and the initialization seems fine to me.
There is surely something I have overlooked, is anyone able to give me a hint to where I might look? The code is in C++, not sure if that could have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks,
Jon